Now PC and Mac have many features that make them more attractive to the user. Taking a screenshot is a widespread and favorite trick of users.
Sometimes, you don’t need the image of whatever is on screen only, but the picture of the complete page. It is the point where you need to take scrolling screenshots on Mac or PC.
How to Capture scrolling screenshot On Windows on a webpage
Windows provides you with many ways to capture a screenshot. Commonly you have to press WIN + PRTSC or Fn + PRTSC, and you will get a screenshot. There is also a built-in tool, Snip, and Sketch, through which you can capture a section of a window or pop-up menus.
But this is only for the screen that is viewable to you. What if you need to take a screenshot of the complete window, webpage, or document? In such cases, you need to use third-party applications.
Capture Scrolling Screenshot in Firefox
Using Firefox, you can take a screenshot of a selected region. Or you can capture the entire page within your browser on Windows, Linux, and Mac with a built-in tool. You don’t need any plug-ins. Here is a detailed guide for your help.
- First, open the website and scroll to the website you want to take the screenshot.
- Now right-click anywhere on the screen and scroll down to select take a screenshot from the list.
- Firefox will give you screenshot capture mode, where you can take screenshots in 4 ways. And these are:
Screenshot an automatically detected part of the page:
When selecting “take a screenshot,” you are in automatic detection mode. As you move the cursor, you will see highlighted webpage parts. It includes an image, content, title, advertisement, paragraph or text, and more.
As you select an area to take a screenshot, select copy to copy that area elsewhere. Or download and save it on your computer. Select “X” to cancel and return to the web page.
Screenshot the entire page:
To capture the screenshot of the entire page, select save the full page in the upper right corner of the window. It will provide the full page screenshot with stretching and full length.
After that, you have the same option to copy it or save it. Or press “X” to go back to the webpage.
Screenshot of a visible portion of a page:
If you want to take the screenshot of the visible portion, go to the upper right corner, and select save visible. Like other screenshots, use copy or download and use “X” to cancel.
Screenshot region of a page:
The last way to take a screenshot in Firefox is to select the region of your choice. Click and drag the portion you want inside the screenshot. You will see the highlighted area as you leave your finger.
If you want to adjust the size of the selected area, drag the edge or corner of the selected area. As you drag, you will observe the size in pixels of the capture. It is an easy way to make your picture in a specific size.
Use the same way to copy or download the image. After using any of these options, you can return to the web page. Firefox screenshot tool is easy to use whenever you need it.
Capture scrolling screenshots with GoFullPage (Chrome & Microsoft Edge)
If you want to take a scrolling screenshot on chrome or edge, you may get an extension that will work for you. It is pretty great to capture a scrolling screenshot of the entire webpage.
As you install the extension, select the GoFullPage icon at the top right corner of the screen. If it is not there, Select the puzzle piece icon, then choose GoFullPage from the extension list. Select the pin icon next to it to get it to appear in the browser list permanently.
Once you select GoFullPage, it will choose the entire webpage you are on. When you see the screenshot, you will observe it is long in Make Tech Easier’s case. You can edit, annotate, and download it as a PDF or PNG file.
Capture Scrolling Screenshot in Edge
Windows’ native browser, Microsoft Edge, has a lot of good stuff. They include a great feature that captures the entire webpage.
To capture a scrolling screenshot, go to the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the screen. Select web capture, followed by capture full page.
Here you can draw and edit the image or save it. Or you can share it at once by clicking three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
Applications to capture scrolling screenshots Windows
There are multiple screen capture tools available for scrolling screen capture on windows. You can download them and have significant benefits, including:
There are several open-source programs for Windows and Mac. They allow you to capture or record screen areas. You can also share screenshots or recording with a single key press.
There are also several all-in-one tools used to capture screenshots. They are very frequently used everywhere, like at home and in business. They have many features, like, a color picker and an intuitive image editor.
They offer seven different modes of capturing screen.
- Window control
- Active window
- Scrolling window
- Fixed region
These features are very useful for different scenarios. You can customize your screenshots according to your choice.
Here are the steps to capture screenshots through such apps:
- Press Ctrl+Alt together, press PRTC, and a red highlighted rectangular box will appear.
- Now press and hold the left click of the mouse.
- Then, drag the cursor on the screen to select the area.
- As you release the mouse button, you will gradually observe an auto-scroll.
- It will allow your entire window to be captured.
- This process will take a few seconds.
- After taking a screenshot, you can edit, save or share it according to your will.
Other best tools are more focused and sleek. Those are image editing software made for consumer needs. With them, you can create visual instructions.
You can also capture active windows and add an explanation to your simple tweak. It also boasts editing functionalities.
But those capture tools are not free and have a high cost. Hence, it is not easy to use for Windows users who take scrolling screenshots. Follow these steps to capture a scrolling screenshot:
- You must select the image option from the tab to take a screenshot.
- Select the scrolling window from the selection slot. Then direct yourself to the page you want to capture.
- After that, your editing window will open, and you can edit and save it as you want.
Then there are other new, innovative, and highly customized tools for capturing scrolling screenshots exist. Those are highly intuitive apps with ten screenshot modes. With the scrolling screenshot mode, you can capture a webpage.
They have a friendly interface that helps take a quick screenshot and screen recording. Because of the friendly interface, you can use its features effortlessly.
How to take a scrolling screenshot on your Mac
Mac or IOS computers have an easy-to-use operating system. If you want more advanced features, then it is a good option. Sometimes you need to capture a screenshot for future reference. But the screenshot will take one picture at a time.
There is no need for additional software or app to take a full-page screenshot. You have a keyboard shortcut to take a full-page screenshot on your Mac, and that shortcut is command shift and 5.
There are some more steps to complete the full-page screenshot:
- Open the page you want to capture a screenshot.
- Press command, shift, and 5 together.
- A screen record toolbar will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- From the menu bar, select the record full-screen option.
- A camera icon will appear. Click it anywhere on the screen.
- Scroll the entire page you want to capture.
- Press Command + Shift + 5 again.
- Click the stop screen recording button as the same menu bar appears.
How to take a screenshot of an entire webpage on your Mac
The Mac OS has built-in features for taking a screenshot. But you need to adjust the browser magnification level. Do it when you try to take a screenshot of the entire webpage. Following are some steps to capture an entire webpage on your Mac:
- Open the webpage you are going to take a screenshot of. Click the double arrow to bring the browser into full-screen mode.
- Press the command key and minus – to make the full webpage visible on your screen.
- Press command + shift + 4. You will see a cursor. Move the cursor and highlight the page. Then leave the cursor, and a screenshot will be taken of highlighted page.
How to copy text from a scrolling screenshot on your Mac
Different apps help you to take a screenshot on your Mac. It is an effective way to extract and organize the text that is not editable on your Mac screen.
Follow the given steps to copy text from a scrolling screenshot:
- Press CMD + shift + 2 to select text from the menu bar.
- The text sniper will quickly recognize and copy the text on your clipboard.
- Press CMD + V to paste text anywhere you want.
How to take a full-page screenshot on Mac
Other ways are available to take full-page screenshots rather than keyboard shortcuts. You can use any third-party app that is suitable for your Mac OS.
One such app you can download is QuickTime Player. These are the steps to follow to take full page screenshot, Mac, using QuickTime Player:
- Open QuickTime Player.
- Click on the file on the menu bar.
- Select new screen recording.
- Click the record entire screen button.
- The cursor will be changed into a camera icon. Click it anywhere on the screen.
- Scroll the whole page you wish to capture.
- Click file again.
- Open New screen recording.
- Select Stop screen recording.
We believe that this article will help to capture scrolling screenshots on windows as well as on Mac. There are many applications available today.
You can use them to take scrolling screenshots. Because today it has become a need and part of your work to take a screenshot for your future assistance. Hopefully, this guide will contribute some ways to make your work easier.
How Do You Screenshot Scrolling?
– First, open the website and scroll to the website you want to take a screenshot.
– Now right-click anywhere on the screen and scroll down to select take a screenshot from the list.
– You will be given capturing screenshot mode. You can take screenshots in multiple ways.
How Do You Take A Scrolling Screenshot In Chrome?
– Open google chrome.
– Go to the webpage you want to capture
– Open the three-dot menu at the right corner of the screen.
– Go to more tools than developer tools.
– Tap the run option command in the menu.
– Search for the screenshot.
– Select the full-size screenshot option.
Can You Take A Scrolling Screenshot On Your IPhone?
Yes, you can take a scrolling capture on your iPhone by following the given steps:
– Go to the page you want an extended screenshot.
– Tap the power and volume up button like you do to capture a screenshot.
– Touch the screenshot floating thumbnail on the bottom left corner.
– Switch to the full page tab to take a scrolling screenshot.
How Do I Take A Screenshot Of An Entire Webpage?
– Go to the webpage you want to screen capture.
– Go to the page options menu in the status bar.
– Select the full page option.
– Now you can download the long screenshot directly on your desktop.
Source : softwaretesttips.com